Whipping up a cool coffee drink is easy to do at home and not very expensive. You can enjoy the flavour of coffee right at home in your backyard. If you are used to enjoying your coffee black, you won’t need to sweeten it up. In fact, the vanilla offers up a hint of sweetness – you may not need to use sugar at all.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving (300 mL/ 1 ¼ cup)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) skim milk
- 10 mL (2 tsp) instant coffee granules (regular or decaf)
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vanilla
- 10 mL (2 tsp) granulated sugar (optional)
- 3 ice cubes
- Pour milk into blender.
- Stir instant coffee into vanilla until dissolved; add to blender.
- Add ice cubes and sugar, if using.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
Nutrition information per serving
- Calories: 74
- Protein: 5g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fibre: 0g
- Sugars: 8g
- Sodium: 58mg
- Potassium: 279mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.